- Lake Placid Lodge As the only hotel located directly on Lake Placid, this 21st century Great Camp balances perfectly on the edge of the village and the forest. The lodge brings rustic charm to new heights with beams hewn by hand, wood carved beds by local artisans and 50 stone fireplaces to cozy up next to all winter long. While there enjoy the sights through boating, fishing, hiking, golfing and more. Creating a new turkey day tradition here will take you out of the house and into nature in style.
- Sagamore With unmatched grandeur, the Sagamore on Lake George will have guests looking for tea and a game of croquet. The landmark hotel dates back to the 1880’s with a prestigious history of celebrities, dignitaries and families staying within its rooms. The Sagamore sits on a private 70-acre island and offers picturesque views from the heart of the Adirondack Mountains. The property offers a range of activities from a Kids Club to an indoor pool, all available at your fingertips.
- Whiteface Lodge Nestled in Adirondack Park, Whiteface Lodge provides an authentic mountain ambiance for its guests. The lodge combines the vision of a former Olympian and developer to bring decades of experience to a reality. It highlights the regions 19th century fame through wood beams, carpeted sitting rooms, and cast-iron fireplaces with 21st century flair focusing on family travel and mountain escapes. A Thanksgivings trip here will leave guests thankful for all family activities they do together; including the properties movie theater, winter ice skating and bowling alley.
- Oheka If you’ve dreamed of being royalty, give thanks this year at Oheka Castle in Huntington. Built over a century ago in the middle of 443-acres of Long Island’s highest point of land, the castle is the second-largest private residence in America. Guests can experience history and luxury within the walls of this French-style chateau through mansion tours and overnight stays in their opulent rooms. This year marks its 100th year and is a great way to bring the family together to explore the grounds with their celebration packages.
- Chautauqua Harbor Hotel Life is about happiness and the Chautauqua Harbor Hotel is the perfect place to celebrate Thanksgiving with laughter. Located on the former site of the Celoron Amusement Park, the hotel offers 1,100 feet of gorgeous lake front views on nine-acres of land. Guests can enjoy on-site amenities such as an indoor and outdoor swimming pools, fitness centers, and vacation packages. Off-site adventures continue with the National Museum of Comedy, Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum, and the Lucille Ball Memorial Park. Together families can make memories that will last a lifetime with history’s funniest people.
- Villa Roma Head up to the Sullivan Catskills to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal at Villa Roma. This Thanksgiving, Villa Roma offers guests an all-inclusive experience that’s both food-filled, and fun-filled with two meals daily and an unlimited fun package. The hotel specializes in fun with unique experiences ranging from horseback riding to murder mystery events. The whole family, from cousins to great aunts, can enjoy their time and come back again and again to make new memories every year.
- Corning Parade of Lights Visit the city famous for its glass by seeing its lights! The annual Corning Parade of Lights celebrates the coming holiday season with parade floats, marching bands, and more adorned in lights. The parade will travel down Market Street to Corning’s beautiful and historic Gaffer District.
- When: Saturday, November 30, 2019
- Time: 7:30 – 9pm
- Where: Market Street, Corning, NY
- Wine & Chocolate Festival If your Thanksgiving feast wasn’t enough for you to never look at food again head to the Wine & Chocolate Festival in Syracuse, NY. With unlimited sampling of dozens of fabulous wines and distilled products from the region, you are sure to leave with a smile or a bottle or two. The festival will also have a selection of treats, chocolates, cheeses and sweets. Tickets start at $30 for entrance and all wine samples.
- When: Saturday, November 30, 2019
- Time: 1- 4 pm and 5 -8 pm
- Where: NY State Fairgrounds, Syracuse, NY
- Lights on the Lake Take a scenic drive through the Land of Oz, a fantasy forest, and more this Thanksgiving weekend. Lights on the Lake provides two miles of drive-thru fun as guests are wowed at the towering spectacles around them.
- When: Nightly, Thursday, November 14, 2019 – Sunday, January 5, 2020
- Time: 5 – 10pm
- Where: Onondaga Lake Park, Liverpool, NY